This position will act as a primary technical principal and is responsible for delivery of Linux/Unix solutions at an enterprise level. Expertise RHEL X64 technologies, HP-UX platform and Data Center. Candidates for this position must be able to, from day 1, roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running, and bring their experience to the team to make the project deployments much smoother.
- 8+ years related system engineering/Infrastructure and customer support experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in enterprise corporate infrastructure design, implementation and troubleshooting,
- 2+ years with both Storage Management NAS/SAN Arrays (NetApp, Hitachi, EMC).
- 2+ years supporting Datacenter co-located equipment.
- Extensive experience in supporting HP hardware rx2660, rx3600, rx6600, rp7400, rx7640, C7000 (Blade enclosure), bl860c and bl870c i2
- Extensive experience with Installing, configuring and maintaining HP servers ( Integrity, Blades, PA-RISC )
- Must have around 8+ years of Unix Experience with 5+ years of demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing and maintaining HP-UX (V11.x or later),
- Extensive experience with Unix Clustering, Ignite backup and server virtualization on HP-UX systems.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating systems
- Basic knowledge of Windows Active Directory 2003/2008, networking and security concepts
- Excellent customer interaction and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to apply them during business impacting incidents.
- Thorough understanding of Linux, including administration of enterprise Servers and VMware servers
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Windows Operating Systems
- Experience withDNS, MAIL, LDAP,NIS services, and JBOSS, Tomcat, Apache web servers
- Familiar withHP Blade/Chassis systems.
- Experience with source code repositories, code deployment and configuration management tools
- Expert in command Linux, power tools, scripting skills (Perl, UNIX shell scripting)
- Configuration management and large scale deployment methods
- Solid understanding of data center related technology and collocation environment.
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, IT, or similar disciplines).
- Equivalent work experience implementing and operating enterprise level data center and/or office networks.
RHCE/RHCSA and CSA HP-UX 11i certifications desired.