DBA (Database Performance Architect) (7-9 years) and Senior Database Performance Architect (9+ years)
Industries: Information Technology and Services
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Experienced in defining & realizing end-to-end Database Architecture for large scale enterprise systems.
· Excellent experience in improving performance and scalability of very large databases (1 Tera Byte+) supporting large number of transactions /users – Oracle or MS SQL.
· Expertise in both instance level and SQL level tuning. Excellent experience in tuning complex queries, optimizing code & implementation of best coding practices.
· Strong experience with Oracle 11g/10g in RAC environment
· Experience in defining Database partitioning strategy and implementation of the same. Ability to analyze and solve performance issues in H/w – servers, storage, LAN & WAN.
· Good understanding of Operating system and troubleshooting OS performance issues. Experience of conducting Scalability test and benchmarks for enterprise applications
· Experience in either of these areas is a definite add-on – App Servers (Weblogic, Websphere), Middleware (TIBCO, MSMQ), Infrastructure sizing, Capacity planning, Performance modeling, Cloud Computing, Big Data Analytics.
· Experience in interfacing with the customers.
· Experience in consulting engagements is a definite plus.
· Ability to mentor technical specialists and guide them in resolving complex performance and scalability issues encountered in projects.
· Understanding of latest technologies and tools in the Database space and an ability to evaluate, select and propose tools and technologies to meet the requirements. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Tolerance to ambiguities
· High energy level with ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to travel on projects